Ready to take your first class? Everyone is Welcome!
Starting something new can be daunting, but with these quick tips your first class at Afterglow Yoga doesn’t need to be.
“I can’t even touch my toes!”
“I need to get in shape BEFORE I take a class.”
“Everyone seems to know exactly what they are doing.”
Trust us. You don’t need any yoga experience and you don’t have to be in shape or flexible to take your first class. Every class is intended for beginners as well as experienced practitioners. You will quickly feel right at home in our friendly and comfortable studio.
Here are some tips for your first class:
Yoga in our Infrared Studio will give you more than just an amazing workout. There are numerous added health benefits that come along with practicing at our infrared heated studio.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first class so you have plenty of time for registration and to get acquainted with the studio. If you are under 18 you must have a parent with you on your first visit.
- Do not eat heavily within 2 hours of class. If you must eat, a banana, fruit or nuts is best.
- Bring a yoga mat and a towel if you are prone to sweating (and for heated classes). If you don’t have these items we have them for rent and purchase. We also provide filtered water so don’t forget your reusable water bottle. Bring your energy & determination!
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothes. Something you can move in. We also sell yoga clothing in our boutiques.
- Take a moment to read the etiquette page to ensure that you and the people around you will feel comfortable in the yoga room.
- Feeling nervous? It’s normal. You’re trying something new and you know it may challenge you. Remember that everyone had their first barre and yoga class at some point. Chances are there will be another first-timer in the room with you! All of our teachers are trained to teach beginning students and don’t worry, no one but the teacher will be looking at you.
- Come back as soon as possible! Taking your second class within 24 hours of your first is highly recommended. The movement will help break up lactic acid buildup on your muscles to reduce any soreness you may experience from your first class. Taking classes close together rather than with long breaks in between will help you achieve the results you’re looking for much sooner and gain maximum benefit. So make up your mind to come as often as possible! We recommend taking your first 10 classes in 30 days or less, then no one will need to tell you how good this yoga is for you.
More questions? We may be able to answer them on our FAQ page.
Still don’t have the info you are looking for? Feel free to contact the studio. Our friendly and welcoming staff are always available to help you on this new journey.